Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mommy woes


I realize that when you are a mom of 2 girls, you have to prepare yourself with all the girly stuff you can think of. Monthly period, crushes, all day text messages and a certain budget for their load, shoes, accessories, techie gadgets, etc.
I must say that one of the exciting (and tiring) part of having a daughter is their prom preparation. When I had my prom, I didn't enjoy preparing for it. Maybe because I was more conscious of my parents finances at that time. Anyway, my daughter had her senior's prom last February 15. But, before we got to "the" day, I had to go through several text messages from her bugging about when we will buy her prom dress. When we finally bought the dress, she had to bug me about her shoes, her make-up, and the list goes on and on. I must say, teeners today are luckier because they have easy access to boutiques where they can choose and buy their dresses. This is the day and age of working moms, moms like me who will indulge my girls with pretty dresses (that I can afford). My daughter is luckiest, because she has a make-up artist aunt who always make her beautiful. (Hey, I have a make-up artist mom!) A "grandma" who will make sure that she gets to and from the prom safe and sound. Oh well, the eldest sister is through with proms. I wonder how it will be with my second daughter.
PS. My girl is the one in violet. The prettier one, of course.