Tuesday, May 1, 2007

THE LAST CALL

If you are to be asked to call or talk to someone for the last time, who would that person be?

For someone who is single, that person will call his mother or father, his sister or brother. Or even a friend. A person who is married will definitely say, he'll call his spouse or his child.

I have that privilege of talking to my husband, Reddy for the last time on December 18, Monday, 8:34 PM. However short that conversation was, it will definitely linger in my mind, my heart and my soul forever.

That call has consoled me so many times since december 18. It was a brief conversation with Reddy. He just complained of the discomfort and pain he was feeling at that time. Part of that call was hearing him vomiting on the other line. And then the line was cut.

How has that consoled me? I can think of so many things;

  • I was the last person he thought of calling even when he was in pain.
  • He made me feel important to him.
  • He proved (for the last time) that he LOVE me.
  • I was able to know how he was at that moment. If i hadn't known what was happening to him at that time, I wouldn't have been this "strong".
  • The call prepared me for the worst.
  • I heard his voice for the last time.

The conversation was not the one I would have wanted, had I known it would be our last. I would have told him how much I love him and he would have told me the same. I'm sure if he also had known that that would be his last call he would have told me many things. One of which is to take care of the kids, to tell everyone how much he love them and will miss them when he's gone. We would have a more meaningful conversation. But, I am thankful to Reddy for thinking of me during that time. I thank the Lord for giving us that one last chance to talk to each other.

The only thing I can do now is to give meaning to that call. Not everyone are given that privilege to talk to their love ones for the last time. I was given that chance.

I love you, Reddy. I will forever miss your voice. I will forever miss talking to you.



mylene 02032007

No comments: